Who can join MHTMA?
Membership of MHTMA is available to appointed members of the Mental Health Tribunal (MHT) in England.
Retired Members of the MHT can become lifetime Associate Members of MHTMA without voting rights.
Why join MHTMA?
- add your voice to our independent collective voice to bring common concerns to the attention of the MHT Administration and Judiciary
- take part in our work to make the MHT service more effective and efficient for patients detained under the Mental Health Act
- use the members' area of this website to keep up to date with news and events relating to the service
- take part in on-line conversations on MHT related topics and organise local social events
- attend our Annual Conference, and meet with other MHT members at this and at any other events we publicise
- take part in the informal and social gatherings of MHTMA members
- have a vote on any issue we put to our membership
- have access to our reports and newsletters
- take part in our surveys and polls about the MHT and members queries
- benefit from the networking and support opportunities MHTMA offers
Membership of MHTMA means that you can...
How can I join MHTMA?
Please read the whole of the About section of the website before you apply.
You can apply to to join MHTMA online by clicking the Join link below.
You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application.